Thoughts on in-water recompression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would call that "omitted deco" and just do somewhere between 1 and 1.5x the required decompression time.

True IWR has many variables attached to it, and the decision (for me) would have to be made on site, taking in to account all the information I had (gas, symptoms, buddies, evac time, weather, time of day, how tired I am, etc etc).

also depends on how much deco i blew off at what point. if i miss (just numbers out of air) the last 8 minutes of 25 and had no immediate symptoms, perhaps i'd stay up, stop diving for 24 hours, and hydrate like crazy. perhaps not. but if i miss 20 of 25, maybe i'd head back down if the reason i missed it resolved quickly.

I'd love to take a class on this subject. The knowledge would certainly come in handy at some place like bikini. I asked if we could learn this concept when I took rescue, but the instructor looked at me like I was crazy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom