Thoughts on Athena BC ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've done a search on this forum but haven't really found a lot of info on this BC. I tried on an Athena BC yesterday at a LDS and I liked the fit. A lot. I'm now collecting opinions from anyone who has one, knows somebody who has one, etc. How do you like it? Is there anything you dislike? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Please don't reply suggesting something different, ie a different BC, or different set up (bp/w). That is a whole nother thread :argue:

Thanks a bunch

I just finished up with an advanced student that had was and she really LOVED hers.

My wife has around 30 dives on hers and absolutely loves it. Well made and very comfortable.

I bought my fiance one last summer, and she loves it. We discoverd that it was absolutely necessary to use trim pouches to get the rig to balance, and that the power inflation hose (not the lp from the reg, but the actual hose connecting the bladder to the inflation controlls) was a little on the short side for using a low profile octo on the lp hose. BUT in turn the oral inflation is the perfect distance from the mouth. Kelly said the rig was very adjustable to her liking, very comfortable, and the huge front pockets are great for putting all the little treasures in.

From my perspective all i can see that i would change is the way the quick release weight pockets work. To me it seems the pockets would not release well (if at all) when the bc is full. In an emergency i would have to dump her weights before putting air in her bc.

Have fun diving, and enjoy the new gear. Sean

Thank you to all who responded, I appreciate the feedback and it will help with my decision !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom