This weekend... October 10th or 11th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I may have a free weekend, so I thought I'd hit the BEACH!

Can anyone give me recent reports on VIS and general conditions? I didnt see anything posted . . .

Thanks! :D

Manasota / Englewood - 10/6
3/5ft vis / Calm surface / 86F :)

Giggaty!

If that holds, I'm there on DA beach.

I'd like to find those new concrete blocks they put in, can anyone give me fairly decent directions?

The blocks at venice beach?

THE BLOCKS:

Someone was discussing on SB, about blocks that had been placed in the water just off Venice Beach. I'm not sure if it is a erosion fix, or something like a reef. I doubt it's a reef, it's supposed to be just off shore.

The tide action, moves the sand around the blocks giving you a opportunity to find stuff.

AT least, that is what I believe I read.

Unless, I was overly tired from my drive.

Heh.

The blocks are due west of the 3 big trees off Alhambra. when you hit the water angle west north west about 100 yards.

There are also blocks off South Brohard beach, but most non locals don't dive there.

Ill do my best, to stumble into it! Thanks for feedback folks!

At venice beach..from the parking lot off of venice ave, enter by the convenience store. You'll see a swim bouy about 100 yards out..I usually surface swim to that then just head east..you'll hit the blocks.

My dad and I stumbled upon brohard on a pretty bad day..looking forward to going back out when the conditions are a bit better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom