This was funded?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

devolution365:
Apparently 19% of methane gas emissions comes from domestic animals, many of them cows/cattle.

And 28% of methane gas emissions comes from people I work with.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
The numbers of those animals don't come ANYWHERE CLOSE to the vast numbers of domestic cattle required to feed all the fat McDonald's-going Americans.

Show me the data

Growin' up in Texas, on a farm...please allow me to paraphrase one of my favorite movie quotes; "Ahhhh, I love the smell of Methane in the morning!" Just makes it feel like home...:D

JimLap:
Good reason to lower the price of t-bones and porterhouses. Sorry PETA wackos. BEEF, it's what's for dinner!!

I agree, and if we cook the beef using a methane-powered grill shouldn't that work out as being "greenhouse gas neutral"!?! :furious: :D

"Methane is also produced in smaller quantities by the digestive processes of other animals, including humans, but emissions from these sources are insignificant" ( from the previously linked source)

That's right. Our farts are insignificant!! We may be at the top of the food chain, but were are pretty low on the farting pole. Kinda puts it all in perspective.

RocketMan:
Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
The numbers of those animals don't come ANYWHERE CLOSE to the vast numbers of domestic cattle required to feed all the fat McDonald's-going Americans

Show me the data

Still waiting

why study this.... why not just feed them "Bean-o" ???

200.jpg

I remember when Beano first came out, and my Dad had me call an 800 number to get a free sample...it was one of those proud moments I will not soon forget. Now that I think about it, was he getting that for me or him?????? hmmmmm says volumes for the therapy I have needed since childhood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom