This site....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because "You" is implied?

H2Andy:
quiz: is the following setence a fragment?

Do not let the door hit you in the butt.

(the answer hinges in the imperative construction)

lol yes... the subject is implied, and you need a subject if you want to avoid
a fragment

CincyBengalsFan:
It seems like since this site officially endorsed DIR and Leisure Pro and Divers Direct and the others....It's gone down hill as far as chit chat goes...

CincyBengalsFan, you've really confused me here. Since NetDoc took over ScubaBoard I have been handling all of the advertising and business development yet I can't recall even speaking with Leisure Pro or Divers Direct so I’m simply at a loss for understanding when you say we officially endorse them? Your comments got me so worried I searched through the moderator archives and yet I still can’t find a single post in which we even mention "endorsing" anything in this board, including DIR or no-DIR. ScubaBoard has always been a community developed around the people and their needs. Users want to talk about DIR and they get a DIR forum. If they want to talk about a shop or a company, they can do that as well. I've got no problems with any of the groups & companies you mentioned but that doesn't mean we endorsed them?

:hmmm:

CincyBengalsFan:
It seems like since this site officially endorsed DIR and Leisure Pro and Divers Direct and the others....It's gone down hill as far as chit chat goes...

All 23,400+ participants have officially endorsed DIR and online sales, and have nothing interesting to say anymore.

Its gone straight to the dogs.

You should rapidly head to another site where non-DIR chit chat abounds. :D

This from a guy who roots for a football team from suburban Covington? :wink: I don't know what made you mad but we hope you'll come back when you get over it.

reefraff:
This from a guy who roots for a football team from suburban Covington? :wink: I don't know what made you mad but we hope you'll come back when you get over it.

Now thats a low blow.....

Just because the economic growth and airport are in Covington dosn't make it the center of the universe.... Oh yeah - maybe it does... :)

-netmage

CincyBengalsFan:

Respectfully, all of your unfounded assumptions are false :)

1. SB does not and never has had a direct relationship with LP and or DD. Both of these merchants are members of the Google AdWords program and pay funds directly to Google.

2. SB has never "endorsed" an advertiser. Running the Google AdSence affiliate program at the bottom is not and never will be an "endorsement" An endorsement is: We use the product. Buy the product. Quick - by SB Commander and chief. NONE of the advertising on this site carries the "SB endorsement" but they are certainly vented for quality and suitability.

3. The Community is busier than it has ever been and continues to grow at a remarkable rate. The premier resource on planet earth making diving safer + lots of fun. It's current volume and growth rate is the largest on the internet. I was around before it started so I speak from first hand and dare I say detailed knowledged.

4. No offence intended: If the Community no longer suits your desires then you should just leave.

Dive safe and good luck in your quest for a new Community. :)

OMG, LMAO...

Well, I'm not on this site as often as I once was. After my transplant this past fall I had several months to kill and I was on this stie every hour. Since I'm getting back into the world I'm not here much now. TG But, with my returns to this site I've seen Leisure Pro and Divers Direct and other discount companies flashing at the top of the home page. Is this not an endorsement? Also I know see that DIR has their very own page. Does PADI, NAUI, SSI, CMAS, YMCASCUBA or the other agencies have their own page yet?

It seems some of you guys about had a stroke over my last comment. Please, let's keep it civil if possible. LOL

And when did I say "no longer suits your desires then you should just leave"

OH yeah....I didn't say anything of the sort. I simply made a comment about how it appears, ESPECIALLY in the Kentucky section....The chitchat has slowed down.

But I do know now why Heart Attacks are the # 1 killer in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom