This runaway bride in Georgia...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm happy that she is fine. Now I think that she should be required to provide about 1000 hours of community service to make up for the trouble she caused.

(Or is this a Whine and Cheese candidate ?)

lhpdiver:
I'm happy that she is fine. Now I think that she should be required to provide about 1000 hours of community service to make up for the trouble she caused.

I agree. As I understand it no crimminal charges will be filed but I think she owes something back to the community. If I was her fiance I wouldn't marry her anytime soon if at all. I am glad though that she is alive and unharmed.

While I understand what you guys are saying...

I don't think that she even new the "search" by all the people/volunteers/police was being done. She was on a Greyhound bus pretty much most of the time and was "cut off" from the news media.

She did file a "false police report" thoough. They might be able to at least slap her hand with community service for that.

I bet her parents or whoever had to pay the wedding caterring (sp?) and florist are just loving having to write those checks. (most of that stuff is "non refundable" if an event is canceled since the flowers/food will spoil).

-Mike

If I was a Hispanic American and drove a blue van in New Mexico, I might object if no charges were filed. Likewise for her fiance, who was labeled as a suspect by the media and the police in Athens or Duluth or wherever it was.

Props to the NM state police and the FBI for ferreting out the truth on this before the situation turned really ugly on someone innocent.

Selfish. Regardless of the nationwide attention this story got, she just up and disappeared on her family and fiance because she got cold feet. Grow up lady. I can understand having second thoughts, but there are better ways to handle that situation. Of course, I say this with the understanding that she may have some other mental problems, but that is just speculation by her family.

By the way, why did she cut her hair and disguise herself? Hmm.

Now if she were preparing to marry me, I'd understand. Heck, I'd escape with her.

Dr. Bill
too full of nitrogen to be serious today

definetly not a good judgement call

put her friends and family through hell

lhpdiver:

Why? She got cold feet. She did nothing illegal. There has been other incidents recently that didnt end as well (thank God hers did) mabe thats why it was responded to so fast and publicly? She has to live with the embarassment but she didnt break the law. I say give the woman a break.

ScubaTwo:
She has to live with the embarassment but she didnt break the law. I say give the woman a break.

she did file a false police report (saying she'd been kidnapped and released, and
describing the supposed kidnaper)

but i think they're letting this slide, since she pretty quickly told the truth

I hope this doesn't happen..but what if a woman goes missing in that town next month, or next year? Perhaps there won't be quite as many volunteers looking through the woods, or a slight delay in taking the investigation seriously.

I'm glad she's okay. She is obviously troubled. I hope she gets the help she needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom