This runaway bride in Georgia...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was closely watching the story unfold. The reason being I also go to the woods, 6 days a week, to ride my bike. There are always men parked just 'sitting there' watching me ride around the 'walking, running, riding' trail.

Sadly, in this day and age it's scary to be a woman and go outside and exercise.

Like Maya, I hope people don't consider this a 'cry of wolf' and not respond quickly if it happens again.

Natasha:
I was closely watching the story unfold. The reason being I also go to the woods, 6 days a week, to ride my bike. There are always men parked just 'sitting there' watching me ride around the 'walking, running, riding' trail.

Sadly, in this day and age it's scary to be a woman and go outside and exercise.

Like Maya, I hope people don't consider this a 'cry of wolf' and not respond quickly if it happens again.

I feel your pain here. I would rather my wife/mother/daughter drag my *** along these days even though I don't always feel like going. Yes, this will cause a little of the "cry wolf", but it will soon be forgotten. Lastly, I know the above comment was meant to be funny, but I personally find it sick, even meant in jest.

I think I could understand an 18 or 22 year old girl getting "cold feet" but I don't buy it for a 32 year old woman. Heck - to think that she had 600+ people interested in coming to her wedding. Something should be in place to assure that she doesn't make any money out of this.

lhpdiver:
I think I could understand an 18 or 22 year old girl getting "cold feet" but I don't buy it for a 32 year old woman.

That and the 14 bridesmaids...sounds like the whole thing was out of control, but you'd think a woman that age would have more of clue and take more control over her life.

nod... a 600-person wedding would scare the willies out of me... if i ever agreed
to it in the first place... which ain't gonna happen

(we had less than 20 people at our lovely wedding... it was more for the family
than for us) (the cake was awesome)

If I was out on a SAR mission after
• Having chosen to accept ‘criminal’ designation (= weapons threat)
• Waking my boss up at 0015 to let them know they had to get other people to take on my duties for up to 3 days (without pay and lucky if I didn’t have to ‘ask permission’ and talk them into letting me take off)
• Used my entire ‘disposable’ income reserved for community service response to drive up to 150 miles (if more, we’d fly with CAP)
• And even if knowing victim’s potential mental health and/or history
• Slogged around the most rugged terrain where they sent my particular type of response teams
• Prepared for self survival as conditions prevailed
• For max of 52 hours w/o rest and/or 96 with max of 8 hours total of 2 hour naps

And got the return to base call (if within radio or cell range, counting miles and hours to return or spent to get within range and return) found and alive, I’d have literally, whooped, hollered and jumped with joy no matter the reason.

But, this woman’s reason definitely tops my personal best stupid. That Harvard scholarship MBA heading off road out of site of the group into the desert without water, thus had dehydration to explain his statement when found, “I knew I was lost and I should stay where I was or retrace my tracks; so I continued.”
BTW, he was charged for expenses incurred (helicopter, CAP, gas for the Hummer, meals and Law Enforcement man hours – too remote for accommodations) and his parents coughed it up.

H2Andy:
(we had less than 20 people at our lovely wedding... it was more for the family
than for us) (the cake was awesome)

My wife and I flew off to St Croix. Got married by a judge, pulled our witnesses off the street and had the cab driver take our picture. We were in bathing suits. After the trip we had dinner at a Japanese restaurant with our families.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom