This MAY sound crazy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were two guys there. The first one was busted and is in Sarasota County jail I think and the second guy tried to make a go of it after all that happened but he wasn't around long. My guess would be that it was too hard to overcome the bad press but thats just a guess.

There were two guys there. The first one was busted and is in Sarasota County jail I think and the second guy tried to make a go of it after all that happened but he wasn't around long. My guess would be that it was too hard to overcome the bad press but thats just a guess.

Yeah, that's the one. I met and dove with the one that is in jail. I didnt like him much so I didnt patron his shop. He was a little "weird". (imagine that)

Ouch!!!

Anyone know of the shop on South Maybery? Thanks! Contact? Name? Lobster deals?

Thanks Again!

I have a few people interested in helping me do this, plus I'm putting financing in place. I have have two different realitors looking for me, plus I keep putting the word out to folks I know (like you all). SO, it may take time, but I'm excited. :wink:

Thanks for the links Sean!

One of the things I want to do, is create a "life style" for diving. I've been in a LOT of dive shops, and they all look JUSTabout the same. No flaming please! I've yet to be in one, that really brings you back, not just to purchase gear and get a tank fill. For those of you who have a favorite shop, why do you go back? :)

Like any good brand, I want to expand the scuba culture. I've spoke with numerous shops about my ideas, and the positive feedback was there. I created a company, Go Get Wet Expeditions, with this in mind. I'm in the process of creating a diver survey about diving in general, scuba shops, the sport, purchase habits, etc... I've created a one of a kind "Go Get Wet Expeditions" t-shirt, to give to those who fill out the survey. FREEBIE!

If yer interested in taking the survey, let me know. I should PROBABLY post this as it's own topic! DOH!

Boats,
You mentioned making a store the caters to a scuba lifestyle and one of my favorite shops to just go to and look around would probably be a my LDS which also has various other outdoor activity supplies. I like to go there because it has everything from scuba to mountain climbing...that's probably the most obvious reason why I go back there all the time. [other than the fact that I know some of the people there and everyone there has a great attitude]

Last edited:
I'll take your survey. I must say the main reason I continue to go to the shops I go to is because of the people there. I am a little biased now that I work with one but I have been to every shop in the local area and I continue to go back to the same two. They are a lot easier to deal with and I enjoy hanging out with them while I'm there. Along the same lines..... there is a shop here in the local area that I will not go into at all. Solely because of one person that works there. I have met others from the staff and they were great but that one person was enough to cost that store my business. And I do quite a bit of business with scuba. I am a total addict.

I have been going to my LDS for years. At the begining I was a simple average customer but over time built an excellent rapport with the dive staff and this was done by being flexible.

I don't expect to be treated like a king every time I walk in but simple courtesy is required.

I don't want the absolute rock bottom, cheap, no profit price for the items I purchased but do want a reasonable price.

I've talked with and listened to the shop staff, took their advice and to date have gotten nothing but good information.

A big ego is really easy to spot on both sides of the counter. So is B.S. I realize that, so do they.

Loyalty is important. It makes the difference between a 5 minute fill and "it'll be done by this afternoon"

the shop on south dalemaybery is still there, he has moved just south of gandy, i have been there twice , he is a nice guy but he has gotten a bad rap by his partner, and is really trying
to turn it around. one can only hope for the best for any one in these trying times!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been going to my LDS for years. At the begining I was a simple average customer but over time built an excellent rapport with the dive staff and this was done by being flexible.

I don't expect to be treated like a king every time I walk in but simple courtesy is required.

I don't want the absolute rock bottom, cheap, no profit price for the items I purchased but do want a reasonable price.

I've talked with and listened to the shop staff, took their advice and to date have gotten nothing but good information.

A big ego is really easy to spot on both sides of the counter. So is B.S. I realize that, so do they.

Loyalty is important. It makes the difference between a 5 minute fill and "it'll be done by this afternoon"
I have to agree with eandiver. I have been to lots of dive shops and if I'm not treated courtesy I will not go back. I have given some of the shops several chances and still with the same results. Then I will take my money some place else. I'm not asking for the a special discount. It nice to offer ,everyone wants to say a buck now a days. Its a small world out there,divers that are not treated courtesy will not come back and will tell there friends as well. Thanks eandiver for saying what I wanted to say. You must of read my mind!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom