This Light Rocks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know what LED they're using? I treat my gear like my food; I want to know what's in it.

I put a "safety laynard" on mine. I had it knocked off in the cave when putting on the oxygen bottle on the way out. Since it was a cave and the light was on, it was easy to find. In the ocean.....that could be a problem. Anyway, as with so many things regarding Mr. Murphy (murphy's law) it has not happened since. However, I do recommend having a laynard attached to the light.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I. I just placed an order for a second one. Now I have two for cave diving :)

Claudia

Where did you attach the lanyard? There doesn't seem to be a good spot around the light itself, short of maybe butted up against the switch. Any chance for a picture? Thanks!!

Are you okay with the light sock type hand mount? The only time I've tried one of those, the light was too wobbly to suit me.

I've got that soft handmount with quick release from diverite. It's also sold separately from the lx20. Mine is used with the edge morph 1000 core primary or the diverite backup lights.

This particular hand mount is much stiffer than the cheap soft hand mounts you usually see as gimmies with dive lights. The material is very stiff and mine doesn't wobble around at all. I think I paid around $100 for the thing, but the quick disconnect is a nice feature. That said, I have managed to bump the light head off of the QD when negotiating the catacombs at Ginnie during a lights out drill. Good thing I was using a can light or it would have been sitting at the bottom of the cave.

I have to agree with you that most of the "soft goodman" or glove type mounts for sale are crapola. This one just isn't the same thing at all.

Sure no problem - give me until tomorrow :)

Thanks, but actually, I figured it out. The rubber battery cover (the "butt" end of the light) ingeniously has a set of small holes, probably 1/8" diameter, for running some cave line or shock cord though to then attach a bolt snap or other clip. Simple as that. Amazing what you learn when you actually look at the item you're discussing. :wink:

Thanks, but actually, I figured it out. The rubber battery cover (the "butt" end of the light) ingeniously has a set of small holes, probably 1/8" diameter, for running some cave line or shock cord though to then attach a bolt snap or other clip. Simple as that. Amazing what you learn when you actually look at the item you're discussing. :wink:

LOL! Isn't that true :)

I have a bolt snap in the middle hole attached for easy clip off. I attached the Laynard to one of the side holes on the battery cap. But any version of this will do.
Enjoy your lite. Did you dive it, yet?

LOL! Isn't that true :)

I have a bolt snap in the middle hole attached for easy clip off. I attached the Laynard to one of the side holes on the battery cap. But any version of this will do.
Enjoy your lite. Did you dive it, yet?

Thanks! I've only had it in the pool so far...tonight is the first time I'll have it in the open water and I'm totally looking forward to seeing what it can do in our local lake.

By any chance, has any of you tried both the lx20 and the uwld 15 or light monkey 12w or big blue lights? I'm trying to compare to what I have used. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got that soft handmount with quick release from diverite. It's also sold separately from the lx20. Mine is used with the edge morph 1000 core primary or the diverite backup lights.

This particular hand mount is much stiffer than the cheap soft hand mounts you usually see as gimmies with dive lights. The material is very stiff and mine doesn't wobble around at all. I think I paid around $100 for the thing, but the quick disconnect is a nice feature. That said, I have managed to bump the light head off of the QD when negotiating the catacombs at Ginnie during a lights out drill. Good thing I was using a can light or it would have been sitting at the bottom of the cave.

I've got this same mount on my Dive Rite LX25 and a pair of DRIS 1K Impact Stubby lights I use for backups, and I really do like it.
How did you manage to bump the light head off? Dive Rite recommends having the mobile end of the mount on the front side of the handmount, which would require you to reach past something, hook the light on it, and then pull your hand back towards you. On the other hand (see what I did there?), if you have the mobile end of the mount on the read of the handmount, you could do it simply by pushing your hand forward (as you do a lot when exiting blind).

I had a soft goodman handle once. That's how often I used it on a dive, too.

Back
Top Bottom