This Light Rocks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm buying my equipment for cave dive training and I'm seriously considering this light. The local dive shop owner sells halogen, HID and LED lights and told me to stay away from HID because they're "a thing of the past" and the bulbs break very easily.

Since I'm not interested in having one more cable (from the canister to the light) I'm going to buy this one and if I absolutely hate it (which I think is nearly impossible) I can always have it as a back up.

Does anyone absolutely hate it??

I love mine more than ever :). I have two now - one serving primary and the other as back-up. So I guess I am diving with 2 primary lights.

I absolutely love my LX-20. I've dove with it for night dives as well as dark lake dives and it is by far the brightest and easiest to handle light I've ever used. My best experience with it was in Cayman on a night dive...we were trying to see brain coral eat blood worms but other folks' lights weren't powerful enough to get the blood worms to congregate. As soon as I came over and shined my LX-20 near the coral, the light beam was filled with blood worms and the brain coral went crazy. If you've never seen a brain coral eat blood worms, it's pretty spectacular. I'm sure there's a video on YouTube somewhere. Anyway, awesome light and well worth the $$!

Back
Top Bottom