This is worth the money I think

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vtxkev

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I work for a sewage and water pump company and we do hazmat work on some of the landfills around the area. Our objective was to plug 2 lines in a lechate well about 40 feet deep so that we could clean the well. Well we ran into a situation where the methane levels were to high to make a confined space entry without substantial risk. The customer came up with the idea that he would hire some commercial divers out of Michigan (I believe thatÃÔ where they were from) and then we could use 5,000 gallon water trucks to flood the well. This would replace an explosive atmosphere and force all the methane out. From there the diver could make a controlled decent to the bottom, plug both lines and ascend to the top. Well it went off yesterday without a hitch, diver spent about an hour in the water from what I was told (I tried to get out of the office, but had too much to do) and for this they were paid somewhere around $15,000. Obviously the company as a whole was paid the lump sum and I do not know what these individuals make per hour, but I assume itÃÔ not chump change. I wonder who would do this diving? I know I would if given the chance. I have included 2 pics for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• ST19 014.jpg
    ST19 014.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 110
  • ST19 016.jpg
    ST19 016.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 120

Back
Top Bottom