This has got to be one of the lamest questions ever!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another reason for not wearing googles is that as you descend the airspace around your eyes would compress due to the increase in pressure and as you could not equalise it you might end up looking like a racoon.

:freaked:

BTW welcome to the boards

If you couldn't blow a little bit of air out of your nose into your mask it would squeezed down... acutally your eyes would squeeze out from the pressure transmitted through your head...

Ofcourse prior to this happeneing, youd undergo all sorts of nastys. Blooshot eyes, then pain being the first two.

Had to learn that the hard way when I was 12 swimming at the cottage. Diveing to 30 odd feet with a pair of goggles hurts like you wouldn't beleive. Not to mention I wasn't equalizing my ears, since I didn't know any better. :boom:

Originally posted by Walter
Salt water will burn your eyes until you get used to it.

Really? I thought salt water was more or less similar to tears. I've been swimming in the ocean with eyes open for years, and haven't ever noticed anything like the discomfort caused by chlorine.

There are no "lame questions" here.

We all started right where you are now. When you pick out a LDS (Local Dive Shop), ask plenty of questions, then come here with the same questions and compare the answers.

There are at least 50 instructors and shop owners on this Board.

You will get straight answers to your questions and some really great advice.

Never think your question is lame here.

Welcome to the Board.

ID - Liquid Guru

Here's a really lame answer...If those goggles
actually would squeeze your eyes out
what happens when some of us divers (and you know who you are) wear really, little, tight bathing suits?

Uncle Pug--you should answer this!

Regards
Larry Stein:confused:

i hate to say it, but i think its a pretty lame question. no offense meant.
but u came to the right place for the answers.
off to buy some flippers...
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom