Third Party G9 Battery NB-2LH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iScubaDiver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone have any experience using a Third Party G9 Battery NB-2LH? It would be nice if you could give the battery 'brand' name. I'm sure some of us who is budget conscience would love to save some $$$ on a 'good' reputable non-Canon battery.
Since the price is a fraction of the original Canon battery, how do these battery perform (how many shots roughly will a fully charged battery last)?

Batteries plus has one I believe, that is supposedly double capacity. That would put it at ~550 shots?

I'll go search right now, I know I saw an aftermarket battery somewhere when I was looking to buy my camera.

Do a google search for "BP-2LHCL-C". This is the number for a 1500mAh battery for a G9, the standard battery is 740mAh. The brand I have is Sakar. I bought it from Welcome to Abes of Maine with my G9, but you may be able to find it cheaper.

For some reason the link doesn't show the way I typed it, but it still works.

Do a google search for "BP-2LHCL-C". This is the number for a 1500mAh battery for a G9, the standard battery is 740mAh. The brand I have is Sakar. I bought it from Welcome to Abes of Maine with my G9, but you may be able to find it cheaper.

For some reason the link doesn't show the way I typed it, but it still works.

The only battery I found on that site was a 900mAh Sakar battery, which sells for $59.95. Here's the one I found:

Sakar NB-2LH Extended Life Lithium Ion Recharcheable Battery For Canon EOS Rebel XTi Cameras

I recently purchased two after-market replacement batteries for my G9 that are 1100mAh and cost me only @19.00 each. I've used them a few times, but I've never taken enough pictures to verify how long the battery will last, but by my guestimation, the replacement battery will last me, at the very least, as long as the original battery, and it really looks like it will last considerably longer. Here's the link to the batteries I bought:

NB-2L NB-2LH 1100mAh Canon Elura MV Optura Powershot Replacement Digital Camera Battery

I guess the thing that concerns me, is the possibility of an after-market battery potentially not lasting for as many cycles (recharges) as the original Canon I have, but then again, at $19 each, less than half the original battery, I have no problem replacing them occassionally.

Adrian

Thank you all for the inputs.
Based on those few inputs, I guess majority are using Canon batteries?

The only battery I found on that site was a 900mAh Sakar battery, which sells for $59.95. Here's the one I found:

Sakar NB-2LH Extended Life Lithium Ion Recharcheable Battery For Canon EOS Rebel XTi Cameras
I went back to the Abe's site and couldn't find the bp-2lhcl-c listed, but it's on the receipt for the camera for 44.99. I did a google search and found it at focuscamera.com for $9.95.

I haven't used it enough to determine how well it will last compared to the Canon battery, about 200 shots playing around in the pool and it still shows 2/3 charge. My goal was to get a memory card and battery with enough capacity for 2 to 3 dives without opening the housing.

I went back to the Abe's site and couldn't find the bp-2lhcl-c listed, but it's on the receipt for the camera for 44.99. I did a google search and found it at focuscamera.com for $9.95.

I haven't used it enough to determine how well it will last compared to the Canon battery, about 200 shots playing around in the pool and it still shows 2/3 charge. My goal was to get a memory card and battery with enough capacity for 2 to 3 dives without opening the housing.

I'll definitely check out the battery at the new site you referenced, because as you indicated, if I can find a battery that will last me for many more shots than the factory battery, and keep me from having to open up my housing on the boat, I'll definitely buy it!

Thanks for the info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom