Thinking of diving into the compressor money pit..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had assumed the compressor was on a dedicated circuit, but maybe not? I would definitely avoid branches in a compressor wiring, although I know people how have split their 30amp dryer circuit with a compressor and just dont run both at the same time. Not ideal
I agree - I was assuming a single load on the circuit. I was commenting more on the oddity of allowing receptacles and device wiring that are rated (sometimes significantly) lower than the protective breaker.

So shifting this thread back from a potential hole of electrical discussion ...

This compressor that I'm looking at seems to be of an early 2000's vintage, and has mostly likely been running mineral oil all its life. Based on prior threads (albeit some 10+ years old) mineral oil is frowned upon for continuous mixing nitrox, and I haven't come across anything conclusive about changing from mineral to synthetic. Is it sufficient changing to synthetic, continuing to change oil on shorter cycles until most of the carbon deposits are flushed out, or does it require a pull-down and thorough clean?

Back
Top Bottom