Thinking about returning to diving, looking for some advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice John.

I'm down in the Ken Caryl area, so A1 Scuba is my closest dive shop. I'm sure you know of them. I will probably be talking with them in February about a private refresher for my wife and I. My big concern, besides going over the basic skills, is to review proper dive planning and using EAN.

How do I find out more about your TecReation class? From a quick google, it sounds like something I may interested in. Anything that helps me have better buoyancy and control sounds good to me.

As an interesting aside, my wife and I both work in online education as well. Though my day job is with the local school district, she is full time, and I teach part time.

A-1 scuba is a large outfit with a solid reputation. I have taught classes next to them at local dive sites. I have no complaints.

The TecReational Diver class goes over buoyancy and trim. It teaches non silting kicks, including frog kick, modified frog kick, modified flutter kick, back kick, and helicopter turn. It teaches performing basic skills while maintaining trim and depth in mid water. It teaches DSMB deployment. It is equipment agnostic--we work with whatever gear you want to use. I will use a back plate and wing with a long hose, and I will tell you why I prefer it, but that is not a requirement. To get into it, just contact me privately and we can work out the details with the shop with which I work (Weavers).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom