Thinking about diving erojacks tomorrow...what should I know about the site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickthompson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm thinking about going to Dania to do erojacks tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice about the site. As far as conditions go, are there any tidal/weather conditions we should take into account? I don't have a ton o of beach diving experience but was hoping this would be a nice, easily navigable, dive.

Good luck finding it if you're not familar with the area. ALso be prepared to walk what feels like an eternity from the north end of the park on the beach to the site with your gear as there is no parking anywhere near it. I did this dreadful walk one time and I vowed never in my life will I dive that site again. IMHO hit the seatech ledges which go up and down for a couple miles.. just enter at the dania park--find the beach--any beach--- and swim 2 pier lengths and drop. your depth should be around 22 ft. any less you haven't swam far enough east. any deeper and you have gone too far east... sometimes there is a decent current.. sometimes north, sometimes south so keep that in mind.

I'm thinking about going to Dania to do erojacks tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice about the site. As far as conditions go, are there any tidal/weather conditions we should take into account? I don't have a ton o of beach diving experience but was hoping this would be a nice, easily navigable, dive.

I did it last year and it was a great dive! They say, it's less of a hike if you park near the pier and walk north, rather than entering from the park and heading south, which is what I did, and it was a good trek. Look for a half buried "jack" on the beach, swim straight out till you're about even with the end of the pier, then descend. If you don't see the jacks immediately, head south (towards the pier) and you should run into them soon enough. Bring a light, so you can look in between the jacks and see all kinds of sea life (first time I saw a Trumpet Fish was here). Max. depth is around 25' so a tank can last awhile . I didn't notice too much of a current, but the jacks are big enough, you can use them as a current blocker. This is one of my favorite dives to date. Take your time and enjoy the dive. Let me know how it goes and good luck.

The erojacks are a bit north of the Dania pier. There are two jacks actually up in the sand on the beach
for reference. There are a couple of jacks under water in a couple groups before actually getting to the continuous
west to east erojacks. If you are in the water looking to the south at the pier the first patch of erojacks will actually be
before being even with the end of the pier as you are looking to the south at the pier. You will be pretty close to directly
out from the jacks up on the beach. Maybe a bit one way or the other but pretty close to directly out.

If you want to get a rough idea of where the erojacks are, go to google earth, Dania Beach. Zoom in until you see the pier, the black east west line north of the pier is the erojacks

The easiest way to find the erojacks is to make sure you are south of them and start swimming out in a NE direction, sooner or later you will cross the jacks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom