Think I Bottomed Out at 300' on OC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm curious to know which RB you and your team decide to go with, and why. thx.

A.

Mostly rEvos and KISS classics. I bought a used KISS because of budget considerations and because I dove the unit I bought and know the guy I bought it from. If I had to buy new I would've gone with the rEvo.

The why's...I should probably start a new thread on why we chose what we did. As hard core DIR types the decision was not easy or hasty.

Mostly rEvos and KISS classics. I bought a used KISS because of budget considerations and because I dove the unit I bought and know the guy I bought it from. If I had to buy new I would've gone with the rEvo.

The why's...I should probably start a new thread on why we chose what we did. As hard core DIR types the decision was not easy or hasty.

a new thread would be great...it's the whole DIR-ness of it all (been doing it for 2 yrs now) that makes me so interested in what direction you went. im sure there are quite a few others that share this sentiment.

A.

Reberathers are totally not DIR. I think RB are along the lines of diving a pink dry suit and no redundant light or something for DIR standards.

Reberathers are totally not DIR. I think RB are along the lines of diving a pink dry suit and no redundant light or something for DIR standards.

Ever heard of a Halcyon RB80?

Halcyon: RB80 Rebreather Introduction

The WKPP does all their push dives with semi-closed rebreather teams, so they've been doing breathers for awhile. I think the DIR issue is with CCR.

I know the AUE guys switched over to CCR awhile back, on the Megalodon. I've been diving with them a few times and I know they all love the units.

Link here detailing their reasoning for the switch.

I heard a rumor that GUE was looking at going CCR where the computers were used for setting and monitoring set points, but the deco was was still a brain function. Don't know if it's true. Only heard it from one source.

Thx for the link to AUE Sparticle...

I heard the WKPP guys have been on CCR for awhile, but then again i'm not really "in the know" so it could just be an unsubstantiated rumor.

Thx for the link to AUE Sparticle...

I heard the WKPP guys have been on CCR for awhile, but then again i'm not really "in the know" so it could just be an unsubstantiated rumor.

I was talking to Casey MacKinlay in March after he presented at the Boston Sea Rovers show. We asked him about CC and he laid out a very convincing argument on why the WKPP doesn't need to go CCR. So I would seriously doubt that the rumours are true.

Have they played around with CCRs? Wouldn't surprise me. To not have done so would've been very closed minded which is not DIR. Have they been "on" CCR's for awhile? I don't think so.

I was talking to Casey MacKinlay in March after he presented at the Boston Sea Rovers show. We asked him about CC and he laid out a very convincing argument on why the WKPP doesn't need to go CCR. So I would seriously doubt that the rumours are true.

Have they played around with CCRs? Wouldn't surprise me. To not have done so would've been very closed minded which is not DIR. Have they been "on" CCR's for awhile? I don't think so.

thx for clearing that up. must have been a rumor indeed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom