Things you've lost underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was shooting for Mr. Y but it had already gone. Now I use it everywhere -- less names to remember. Are you my evil twin?:wink:

I have found alot of dive knives but they have all returned just in new locations

MMMMM My instructor weighs loss against gain, so far I am behind he is ahead. Suunto vyper and a hat in Coz, watch in Bonaire. One flashlight but refound by another diver on a night dive, good thing it was lens up in the mud. I am more notorious for having things break which is costly as well.

Mr. X:
I was shooting for Mr. Y but it had already gone. Now I use it everywhere -- less names to remember. Are you my evil twin?:wink:

A little evil. I will try to represent the name well. However, I have gotten a tad hot when it comes to marine life issues. If someone PM's and says 'bad' - it's me.

Cheers mate. X

well let me see i have lost loads
1 aladin por air computer
1 suunto vyper computer (brand new was first time wearing it)
fins
snorkels
3 dive knifes
sausage
mask
and counlees kg s of lead

Four strobe diffusers. Now I leash them with a peice of monofilament.

Ya know, I haven't ever lost anything either in over 100 dives. Hm. Maybe I'm doing something wrong!

likelite:
Ya know, I haven't ever lost anything either in over 100 dives. Hm. Maybe I'm doing something wrong!
Yeah obviously doing something wrong. Perhaps you are not trying hard enough?! :wink: Try getting a dive knife with one of those shiney plastic sheaths with the quick release button...an excellent starting point (no lanyards or bright markings). I can also recommend entering the water near a hidden underwater rock barrier (New Years morning works well...as your senses will be duller). Dispatching speared fish can also help some. I'm sure other have lots of useful tips to help you get you up to snuff! We're here to help you.

Back
Top Bottom