Things you've lost underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, those not of questionable ethics might want to skip this one . . .

You've heard of the 'mile high' club I'm sure but has anyone heard of it's counterpart - the 'filthy fathom' club. I once knew of a dive shop in a somewhat disreputable area that had trained a few of the local 'professionals' for their open water certs. I'm told that the membership is fairly small :wink:.

So, you can lose lots of things underwater if you try hard enough :D

UPDATE: as of 30 mins ago my GF lost one of her Atomic Splits in the surf....

Since the beginning of April, 2 prescription masks. One after getting kicked in the face pulling a diver out of heavy surge and the other, well I guess I must have dropped it somewhere or left it on land somewhere. Luckily I always have a backup. My LDS loves me...

Since the beginning of April, 2 prescription masks. One after getting kicked in the face pulling a diver out of heavy surge and the other, well I guess I must have dropped it or left it on land somewhere. Luckily I always have a backup. My LDS loves me...

Does losing fish count??? Lost plenty of those.

I was doing my first dive with my new Princeton Tec Impact XL and "lost" it. The good news is that it "turned itself on" so that I was able to find it. It seems that my knot was not quite up to par.

this may apply....lost a great opportunity to take pictures in a quarry. A word to the wise. If your camera can't be turned on underwater.....turn it on before you jump in. DOOOH!!! Overall not a complete waste luckily we went right back on tank 2 and got some neat pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom