Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lets see, Things I have found underwater

The list is very large

1. Ancient Mayan Human Remains
2. 1000+ year old pottery
3. New forms of cave life
4. Extinct reptile remains
5. New unexplored wrecks
6. Virgin cave passages
7. Military weapons
8. Fossil Bones
9. cars
10. Giant Blue Holes

Plus many other smaller things

steelslinger:
I don’t get a chance to dive much for fun. I am wanting to dive the Tennessee at least 3 or 4 times this year but I don’t know if I will have any time. I already have every weekend from now to mid June booked full with classes so I will most likely be diving on the week day when I make it up there. Which shop is your friend going to for certification? I work for 2 of the shops and may be his instructor.

I'm not sure if he has made any plans yet, I'll tell him he'll have to start making plans soon if he wants to get in. He knows about RNR and I'm betting he will probably go through them as that is the closest one to his house in Gardendale. He is Army and will be working AGR (Active Guard & Reserve) soon.

FatCat:
What, if anything, have you found and salvaged on your dives? I'm not talking about scavenging wrecks, I'm just curious to know what items, if any, all of you have stumbled upon while diving.

Here's my list to date :

4 kg of lead weights
2 masks
1 snorkel
1 safety sausage
1 bottle of champagne
1 dive knife with integrated bottle opener
assorted litter

Oh yeah...I forgot. I found pesos when we were doing a shore dive around the boat dock of our hotel in Cozumel. Maybe $2.00 or $3.00 worth. Hmmm....does mean their wishes won't come true?

I found and recovered a Turn of the Century Anchor. I kept it at my home for years in the Rose garden. After the divorce, I couldn't find a soul to take it for free. Yes, it weighed 700# but, for free?? After a year there were so many that wanted it. Of course, too late. B--------

Firebrand:
I'm not sure if he has made any plans yet, I'll tell him he'll have to start making plans soon if he wants to get in. He knows about RNR and I'm betting he will probably go through them as that is the closest one to his house in Gardendale. He is Army and will be working AGR (Active Guard & Reserve) soon.

Actually RNR will require more miles. If I do a class for RNR we meet at the shop on Friday afternoon then spend 4 days at Blue Water. I do both confined and open water training at Blue Water during the summer regardless of which shop it is for. In addition to the 1 class session and 4 days at Blue Water the student is responsible for getting their tanks by RNR during the week for fills. If I do a class for Blue Water it is either 6 evenings over 2 weeks or 2 weekends depending on the class and your friend does not have to drive to the shop for class or fills. All training and related activities for BW take place on site but RNR requires 2 extra trips.

Some of these findings are pretty funny!!

I haven't found anything myself yet. However, I was on a recent dive, where this guy jumped in and didn't hold onto his mask tight enough. The mask had some prescription glasses glued to it, so was valuable to him!

There was a strong current, so we thought there was no point in going down to look for it. Next thing, up comes another diver from our group with the mask (and glasses still intact). He didn't know the mask belonged to one of our group.

Pretty lucky!!!

Curt Bowen:
1. Ancient Mayan Human Remains
2. 1000+ year old pottery
3. New forms of cave life
4. Extinct reptile remains
5. New unexplored wrecks
6. Virgin cave passages
7. Military weapons
8. Fossil Bones
9. cars
10. Giant Blue Holes

Show off.
:wink:

I would love to hear those stories some time.

steelslinger:
Actually RNR will require more miles. If I do a class for RNR we meet at the shop on Friday afternoon then spend 4 days at Blue Water. I do both confined and open water training at Blue Water during the summer regardless of which shop it is for. In addition to the 1 class session and 4 days at Blue Water the student is responsible for getting their tanks by RNR during the week for fills. If I do a class for Blue Water it is either 6 evenings over 2 weeks or 2 weekends depending on the class and your friend does not have to drive to the shop for class or fills. All training and related activities for BW take place on site but RNR requires 2 extra trips.

I'll have to tell him about the deal at Blue Water. His wife's family are friends of the owners, and he'll probably go through them. I'm not sure if he has been out there, but he knows exactly where they are. It would probably be easier for him to go there anyways. When I make it back to Alabama from my little military "vacation" (6 months in sunny Tampa, FL), He and I are planning on diving at Blue Water. (He'd better get his certification complete by the time I get back)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom