Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never found anything good on a reef but have picked up several tools from under the oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Also found 3 dive masks, a boat hook and a fishing pole.

the coolest stuff I've found was actually from snorkelling as a kid.

2 handguns, one with clip intact, one found seperately. Both had been down awhile and had hollow point bullets.
Tons of old bottles
Lid of a safe,
and the usual, fishing lures, lots of lead, snorkels....

Have recovered somebodies keys that were dropped from their dock. each of the 3 of us received a bottle of wine as thanks for getting them.

Ok, so I've not followed this thread, so I don't know if this has ben covered already...but aside from the usual trash I always pick up, I found a full bottle of Corona in the FG. (Ok my buddy did and she hogged it all :wink: ).

My last trip to Coz on a shore dive I was about to clean up an empty rum bottle, only to discover it was being ihabited by a young eel.

James

Found my buddies mask. We were on the surface after we had just done a safety stop in some murk and he dropped it. Also found a snorkel and dive light while searching for the mask!

A buddy once found an anchor with chain while we were diving. I use it as a second anchor now....other than that nothing interesting. I'm ready to find a suitcase full of cash though....that would be a nice way to end a dive.

--Matt

Tom Smedley:
I was diving the eastern jetties at Destin and found a hair scrunchy, a bra, a pair of panties, and a five dollar bill all in one hole in the rocks.

Is this an omen?

No, this would be more in the class of a "party".

Add a pair of 4" Lucite heels and it would roughly be an "event".

Many years ago, I lived on the island of Crete in the Aegean Sea. I spent quite literally hundreds of dives off the north coast and very often would dive the small island of Dia, directly north of the city of Iralkion. On one particular dive on the southwest end of Dia, at about ten feet on a shear wall that dropped to around eighty feet or so, I found bronze anchoring rings imbedded into the rock wall. Below, on the seabed, there was literally tons of broken pottery shards, amphorae, etc.

A couple of years later, after moving back to Albuquerque, I contacted Cousteau, and mapped for him the relative location of the area on Dia. If you have a chance to ever see his TV special on the search for Atlantis, his divers pulled up two, golden statues dating to the Minoan civilization, around 2000 BC. I guess, I should have done some digging, however the Greeks put people in jail for that.

Thom,
PADI MI 1244
NAUI OWSI 5036

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom