Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monday: late 1800's era "soda" (I believe) bottle. Regrettably, the stubby cork top is broken off.... :(

one blade off a bronze boat prop. possibly late 1800's early 1900's. and a new fishing pole that a bass was nibbling on the end of the pole.

-A DJI phantom drone -saw roughly where it went down
-10lb lead weight in pouch
-Underwater laser pointer (still worked)
-handheld am/fm radio
-several gopro red light filters
-masks
-fishing rods
-beer cans/bottles
Other 'treasure' aka trash

While training in evidence search/recovery a couple weeks ago (we use clay pigeons because they are biodegradable) I found a weapon. :thumb:
20160924_183606.jpg

Just recently, out of Pensacola... I found a Yoke retaining knob, like new in 90' of water. While wondering how someone lost such a thing, I happened upon a 5lb soft weight, and thought "someone is really missing this."
Upon arriving back on the boat, the soft weight belonged to another diver who dropped it getting back on the boat. The Yoke Knob remains unclaimed. So now I have a spare, as if I were ever going to lose one.

Just recently, out of Pensacola... I found a Yoke retaining knob, like new in 90' of water. While wondering how someone lost such a thing, I happened upon a 5lb soft weight, and thought "someone is really missing this."
Upon arriving back on the boat, the soft weight belonged to another diver who dropped it getting back on the boat. The Yoke Knob remains unclaimed. So now I have a spare, as if I were ever going to lose one.

Of course, you now know it is totally possible to lose the yoke knob, and now you have a spare....

The Yoke Knob remains unclaimed. So now I have a spare, as if I were ever going to lose one.
The diver might have recently discovered the wonderful world of DIN and thought, "Why should I bother keeping this garbage?" He or she then just tossed it! :poke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom