Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found Fishing Rods, tons of lures, and a lot of the normal stuff.. like trash (unfortunately). The strangest was coming across a dead beaver and also a female mannequin wearing a one piece swimsuit with her head missing standing up on the bottom. Someone was patriotic and stuck a small american flag where her head was supposed to be. Crazy..

My best finds this year were a 1920s porcelain Goodyear sign, some nice blob beers, chicago consolidated hutch and a really long (abt 5ft) industrial wrench.

Today I found parts and broken pices of a 1970's Nemrod mask, in the same area that the brother of a friend of my dad dissapered during a scuba accident in 1977.
Any possibility of corroborating the mask to the missing divers?

Any possibility of corroborating the mask to the missing divers?
Probably not, I would guess there is no record of what mask he used on his last dive, and peoples memory would be rusty and lacking after 40 years.
The piece I picked up as an suvenier was the lens with the metal frame. But there is not many people that dives at that spot (I was probably the first person diving there this year), it is a boring, muddy, bad viz and near a industrial complex with polution (There are much better diving spots around here). And in th 70's there was even fewer divers in this region. The diver that dissapered dived there to fix a mooring line.

Certainly lots of interesting finds out there, especially in lakes. I am partial to the warm waters of Mexico, the Caribbean, and the South Pacific so I do not come across too many interesting things - a couple masks, some snorkels, old knives, etc. One of the more useful items was a not to old safety sausage complete with a large reel - I still use it to this day. The oddest find for me thus far was a very fancy white dress - maybe a wedding dress but my guess is that it was a 15th birthday celebration dress as I found it in a bay in Baja, Mexico where girls celebrate Quinceañera and routinely wear such a dress. The dress was still very white so it probably was not in the water for more than a few days at most.

Ive found all sorts of strange and wonderful objects. Lots of boat parts, several pairs of sunglasses, many beer cans/bottles, My two favorites are a complete matching set of patio furniture or several bowling balls underneath a bridge (near more beer cans).

Back
Top Bottom