Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found pieces of my reg....

When I bought my first Reg... I had to wait for some time to get it. Mine was the first one in Australia of that make and model. I will never buy anything at that early stage of development again.. but that is another story.

We were on a dive and my reg started breathing awful... getting worse and worse... so I switched to my occy and had a look.. the front cover was missing. I completed the dive on my occy and took the reg to the shop I had purchased it from. They gave me a reg to use till it got fixed and sent it away.

Nearly two weeks later we went diving in the same general area (very large site) and I found an interesting shiny bit.... over the space of the 60 minute dive I just happened to find without an real effort all but one of the 5 missing pieces.

I though it was interesting since the pieces had fallen off over the course of a rather long dive. I brought the parts to the dive shop but the company "retooled" and made significant changes to the reg and the parts were of no value.

well just in the last 2 years i found an AB biller 36 that i took and sanded down and re stained looks brand new, and just a few weeks ago i found a rob allen 1200, i find masks, and anchors, and weights and fishin poles all the time, but yeaaa man 2 of my guns i found and re did pretty sweettt:D

2 fishing poles, Brand new Lobster snare, earring, weight. my buddy found a full set of grear floating on the ocean once during mini lobster season.

My buddy and I found an Marine AMTRAK (LVT... some kind of assault landing craft) from WWII when diving off one of the invasion beaches on Guam. It turns out that others knew about it, but we didn't. So it was really surprising to us. I also once found some ammunition.. but I left it alone.

my fins, and one of my two sets of mask and snorkel sets, after my brother and i turned the kayak over. we were actually snorkeling at the time. afishing reel and a john boat.

I have been thinking of bringing the boat up. Any suggestions/ cautions.

Depending on the size, you may need to use multiple lift bags, and surface air. May also have trouble if its in a mud, and suction has developed. If you could get it to the surface, and use a bilge pump to get the remaining water out, may make it easier to tow home.

it is suctioned into some mud. my brother and i are both pretty stout and couldnt budge it. i had a similar boat in the past and believe we could lift it out of the water to drain it if we can get it loose. its only in about 6 feet of water.

i found a 14k wedding band with 5 small diamonds set in it. this was during my first open water dive of our certification, with my fiance. not bad hey?

I found an old brown glass bottle off Key Largo, my husband found a bong in the Destin Jetties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom