Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found:-

- Broken fishing rod
- few bottles
- 30' ropes
- Plastic bags
- condom (I have no idea how the hell it ended up there)

well other than that nothing else... in Oman if we lose something we dive behind it :D
Diving equipment are expensive here...

Diving around General Santos, Philippines I have found lots of stuff including, Lead Weights, Masks, Snorkles, A full case of beer, false teeth, over 1000 pesos, Propellers, Goggles, Clothing, several dive knives, watch, sun glasses, anchors 10+, bullets, 3 dead bodies unfortunatly! Gallon of mayonaise still good, spear guns and spears, ropes, fishing lures and lots more! People here are very careless with what they drop into the water!

An Anchor, investigated to be from the 1600's and deck crystals (prisms) probably from the 1800's one is rectangular prism shaped and one is diamond shaped prism. Assorted and asundry ale and wiskey bottles

i have found purple benwallballs (anal Beads)
20$ us,
toilet seats
asst. beer bottles
an underwater camera sea life
4 masks
2 snorkels
a diamond
2 rings gold
safety sausages (3)
halcyon backplate

Sand Dollars, Shells, Starfish :wink:, Fish Trap, Old Sock, Garbage bags...

Utila, my daughter was there getting her DM cert. Another student lost her engagement ring while diving. A few days later, she saw it on the finger of another student diver from another shop. I still can't get over how lucky she was to get it back.

In florida that divers are in the water 12 months out of the year I found a few things of interest ...regulator set up in great shape & use fishing pole that is still used ..

Last edited:
I dive in N.C a lot . Its wreck diving in the gulf stream . Ive gone so many times its sick . On this wreck called the Shurz its frm 1800 sunk in 1918 . It was called the Geier before that and was German owned taken over by us Navy . Well ive been on it many time and this one time i found and odd looking rock almost rectangle in shape . Well a little bit of muratic acid and some baking soda uncovered a plaque . It was in German and shiny brass it said something like machinist reservist something and name of ship Geier , it was pretty cool . Ive found a watch worth 2,500 and odds and ends . On a job ive found a 1930 coke bottle in the middle of nowhere while jetting out a pipe . This pipe was put in over 70 yrs ago . It was in about 4 ft of mud , with zero viz it was a miracle i found it lol .Here is my list i cant put everything but these are my favorites . A shell casing frm a wreck , i took the cordite out of course . A couple of brass spikes . and of course the brass plaque.

I found 2 bombs/Torpedos/Airplane fuel tanks, maybe from WWII off the west coast of IE Island/ Okinawa Prefecture/Japan in about 150' of water, just out side the Marine Range. I do not have photo's but they were about 6' to 8' long and about 24" in diameter. They had tail fins. Does any one know if these would be US or Japanese, or if they are external fuel tanks or torpedos?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom