Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That piece of jade is nice! I've found a 10# lead weight, dive knife, miscellaneous trash (mostly beer and soda cans), and fishing tackle.

My wife found a set of bulldozer tracks [we left them there] and she found a fireplace poker sticking out of a vertical crack in a cliff ??? I have found 5" artillery shell,small clamshell sample bucket for a crane, many anchors, a cooler with 5 cans of beer still inside, and a small greenstone carving that had been embedded in coral and then eroded out. I do not know what it is but I found it in the Cayman islands

Attachments

• DSC00879.jpg
    DSC00879.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 479
A beautiful boat's prop....my brother and I got $75 bucks for that baby.

And, while diving in the Marshall islands, an anchor and chain. The DM at the LDS gave a real short brief to myself and the other diver. "If you guys don't mind we are going to see if we can find this anchor and chain from a boat that lost it. Shouldn't take long and then we are off to the dive spot." Well, we anchor in about 60 feet of water, and spread out as far as we can see each other and start a search grid. After about 5 minutes I am thinking, "Even in this vis (100 plus) we will never see an anchor and chain." Soon I see this BLACK line stretching across the floor to the ocean. And as we get closer I realise that it is the BIGGEST chain I have ever seen in real life. And attached at one end is the BIGGEST anchor I have still ever seen! It was huge!

Seems some freighter had been using it to manuever, drop it and then back up or something and it had snapped at the boat. I couldn't believe they couldn't see it from the surface!!!

During a dive at Vaersenbay, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, I was finally able to check my e-mail under water.

Attachments

• Vaersenbaai_20080302_047.jpg
    Vaersenbaai_20080302_047.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 587
FIrst response: "Now thats a Dive Computer"

second respone: "Bob got so pissed at Msft Vista, that he threw his computer in the ocean"

I found a big tarp with d rings sewn into it, I think it might be one they use on semi trailers. I was wondering if it would be worth bringing up.

One of the fellahs on my dive group found this 20cm knife at Dayang, Malaysia. Steel but encrusted slightly. We swam back out- stuck it on a pole - and I took a photo of it for him. We left it there and swam back. Somehow it felt very appropriate :)

I can't seem to load up photos onto scubaforum. Probably due to some firewall setting on my server.

So if you want to see the photo - click here:

Multiply

In Aruba, my dive buddy & I saw a small shimmer poking out of the sanda at about 70ft - a stainless steel Tag watch, time was spot on!

Same trip, wife & I happened on a large bag of very clean bones on the rough north shore, freaked us out, but it turned out to be a large dog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom