Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found a new frameless mask and two snorkels on two of my four certification dives in Monterey Bay at the Breakwater. I gave the mask and one snorkel to one of my daugthers (a lifeguard). Kept the other snorkel as a backup. We've picked up other trash (bottles, cans, a cigarette lighter, fishing weights) on other dives.

We have several popular fresh water public beach spots in lakes and rivers where we could go treasure hunting. Hadn't thought of that, but it sounds like fun.

A weight belt that i could not lift off the ground. withe bunch of weights.

My wife and I recently found a man's wedding band while diving in Cozumel. Interestingly, according to the date inscribed on the inside, the wedding date was about two weeks before. We are currently trying to find the owner. I suppose that this poor groom is in hot water.

I used my metal detector and found my Pinnacle weight belt with 25lbs of lead on it. I lost it 3 weeks ago and it only took me an hour to find it. Damn thing sank almost 12" into the sand. I'm happy now :) Lead, webbing and buckles ain't cheap!

A Bonaire STINAPA tag in Gloucester, MA!
IMG_7878-tags.jpg

and this squarish bottle with a long neck that I can't identify yet on Isle of Shoals, NH.
bottle.JPG

I found what looked like a diamond in the pool where I took my refresher course a few weeks ago. When my buddy looked at it, however, she saw that the side was cracked and broken and we concluded that it was probably cubic zirconium or glass.

I found an Ikelite flashlight worth about $120.00 ( it even turned on !) and a $1.00 bill both on the same dive. I have also found a bra, fishing pole, and a few golf balls.

I found a sailboat hatch cover for a gal who had let the hatch accidently slide off her boat in the same zero viz lake (Lake Macatawa)

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

How long did it take you to get the one-of-a-kind smell of Macatawa out of your gear? That lake is a mess...

Found a 25' measuring tape.

Mask w/ snorkel.

Weights on more than 4 dives...sometimes loose, sometimes still in their pouch.

A backpack that I didn't open..and I regret it to this day ... maybe it was missing Jimmy Hoffa stuff? I still regret NOT opening it you know? Could been 50 K in 20's ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom