Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another successful bottle dive

Attachments

• 084B45C3-17D8-4D0D-8043-3147285D5001.jpeg
    084B45C3-17D8-4D0D-8043-3147285D5001.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 149
Here in the Solomons we have plenty of WW2 history underwater. A couple of years ago we had a guest from NZ who‘s grandfather had flown fighter planes from Ondongo airstrip near Noro. We dived at the end of the airstrip where all the rubbish had been dumped 75 years ago. Aeroplane parts, ammo, bits and pieces of unrecognisable machinery - and hundreds of whiskey bottles! It’s seems those fighter pilots liked a drink. Quite understandable really.

Pokemon
Pelican light (flooded but it still worked)
Citizen Aqualand Promaster watch (returned to owner)
Tech diver slate (returned to owner)
1 Turbo Jet fin (returned to owner)
Snorkel, pink
Pair of integrated weight pouches with lead (returned to owner)
Weight belt with lead
Game bag, contained no game
Golf balls (diving near Pebble Beach)

Fishing rod minus the reel
Two pairs of fairly expensive sunglasses, both covered in thick growth of algae
Beer cans
Beer Bottles
Cigarette butts
lead diving weight
facemasks
woman's scarf like clothing object (forgot what its called)

Diving weights
Mask
Sunglasses
GoPro
Saltwater Lure

I dove last night at Lake Megunticook and found wedged between rocks (and a nearby tire) this pretty heavy and powerful magnet on a rope. My dive buddy said that they were fishing magnets used by people who throw them in to see what they might attract and haul in. Huh. Anyone else heard of magnetic fishing?

Megunt4.png

I dove last night at Lake Megunticook and found wedged between rocks (and a nearby tire) this pretty heavy and powerful magnet on a rope. My dive buddy said that they were fishing magnets used by people who throw them in to see what they might attract and haul in. Huh. Anyone else heard of magnetic fishing?

View attachment 612688

Yes there are a ton of videos on youtube. People drag up all kinds of stuff

Yes, people do it all over the world. Here on the Treasure Cost of Florida they have been doing magnet fishing in the swampy estuaries to find artifacts from possible treasure ships. If they get an iron artifact from a ship they know to look for treasure.

My wife lost one my GoPros In Coz and the next day I found one, I looked at SD card on my phone and DM recognized the boat in video. We contacted dive operator and returned to owner. I always keep a return of address label in my housing and take a pick of hotel I’m staying at in case someone finds my camera. I guess it’s still waiting to be found.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom