Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife found this diving on friday.... Still have not ID it yet... But my money is on a whale oil lamp from early 1800's...
phone-8-29-05 386.jpgphone-8-29-05 384.jpg

Jim...

We (I was not alone) once found a British E-type Submarine that had been lost for nearly 100 years.

Other than that, just lots of trash, diving gear, stuff that you would expect to see on wrecks -- utensils, tools etc, even a full bottle of wine once, and so on. One memorable find was a brass dinner bell from the wreck of the Elba. I brought it to the surface because I thought it was kind of cool and one of the other divers drooled over it so much that I gave it to him. I'm not much of a treasure hunter. I dive wrecks for other reasons. My dive buddy did find a gun once that the police were eager to confiscate. That was the only thing we ever found that we weren't allowed to keep.

R..

any pictures or video of the British sub? that sounds like a cool dive.

[video=youtube;1mQy98GzAEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mQy98GzAEo[/video]

Just to be clear, this video was shot by someone else. This is not the team that found the sub.

R..

Hey! Are you sure that was YOURS??I lost my compass too. Did it have your name on it?I can identify it. It was black with a dial that rotated! :D

A dive computer and a three pound weight, twice. Sadly, the weight was my own and then I lost it for the third time. And the computer has been reunited with its owner.

Today was a super treasure hunt day... Looks like a very old bottle of rum with the cap still intact... And another old bottle with the cork still in it also filled 3/4 with liquid.. Anyone want a drink... Post photos tonight..Jim...

Back
Top Bottom