Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday we dived a spot in Sydney called Shiprock. It is located about 4 km up the arm of a small harbour. One of our group found a zip-lock plastic bag full of credit cards, a wallet and two cigarette butts held together by an elastic band. The bag had about a dozen small rocks to weight it down. We assume they are all stolen, the thief must be a total idiot as they dropped it right in front of one of the most popular dive sites in Sydney and which can only be accessed by the water or down a set of stairs that makes it obvious divers go there. They are now with the police.

Reactions: Jax
Saw a yellow rope floating off the Newport, Oregon Yaquina Bay South Jetty 4th Finger. I was hoping it was an anchor :) - I get a couple of these a year. But it was a crab ring - new - about $25.00 - $10.00 CraigsList. Most of the time I just leave these alone, but the rope is always a tangling danger for divers and boaters.

The good thing was that there was that big old female crab, that we keep seeing, tangled up in it. So I brought it up and let her go (can't keep female dungeness crabs). :)

I found all of these while diving

29106149.jpg

So I had the compulsive urge to turn these sinkers into freedive weights. I guess I like recycling.

970600_10100101789714749_1577416252_n.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone found anything valuable thing underwater? Besides a underwater metal detector, what else are needed before beginning underwater metal detecting?
If you don't allready have it, get lots of diving experiance first. The last thing you need to do is complcate your learning experiance. Thats how people loose medal detectors, LOL.
Next start learning your MDer in shallow, calm water. Remeber baby steps first.
ZDD

Man you got up some really nice coins there Scott, and those bottles are in awesome condition. Congrats.
ZDD

Thanks it's been a slow year for good finds( put in a lot of dives in this year).I'm out of commission for a while had rotator cuff surgery 8/28.I hope to be diving in fla in dec .Miss seeing your finds............SCOTT

32516_1448114249499_1572061_n.jpg

Found in Lake Erie, off Marblehead Lighthouse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom