Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found tons of common things like fishing lures, mega amounts of trash :banghead: , car parts, etc etc etc

Never anything of real value that I was able to get back topside myself.

However, the two finds I tell people about the most are:

1.) A bikini top :shocked2: stuck in the sand at about 60 feet (sadly no lady to go with it) and the next is really sad but:

2.) A dog!!! :vomit: I was helping my Uncle clean the bottom of his boat in Florida when I turned around and saw something under the dock... upon closer inspection it was in fact a dog. No tags or anything but to this day I can't believe I found it... wish I hadn't!

While doing a boat dive in the Red Sea I found a brand new snorkel. I was thrilled since I left mine at home,topside was telling my girlfriend who explained to me that she just lost it while snorkeling above me . No luck at all

Cheers
Michael

20111105a_Palencar_Bricks_1_Scorpion.JPG

Cozumel, Palancar Bricks, Nov 3rd, 2011.

How in the -h- did that get there?
See you topside! John

Funny, I was asking that question, myself . . . as were the rest of the dive group, because they came over to see what I was taking pictures of. :)

Jax, is that a scorpion?! One of you must have brought it from home in a dive bag or something...

I make it a point to collect any and all garbage I can when diving. Anything heavier than 4kg I put in a bag and lift up with a lift bag. This I think is the most important finds I can make as a diver. Also clean up the beach and leave with more garbage than I came with.

Other than that - recovered some pretty interesting things through my diving career, but I will skip over the "professional finds", some of those are better left for a more serious thread. As for recreational finds:

Several bicycles in working condition.
Weights - about 200 kg overall, including belts with weights
fishing lures, some of those more than 50 years old, obviously hand made!
a set of oil paints (later found out some guy has this "gig" painting oils under water, must have been one of those leaving his "art" behind)
knives - fishing and diving
flashlight
hundreds of golf balls, in the strangest places
an inflatable sex doll, deflated
a rolex watch (still worked, sold it to fix my buddys boat motor)
A purse with a switchblade in it (my favorite)

There's a site I've been going to since the 70's and I still find 40MM anti-aircraft shell casing there. I'll post a pic of the last one I found when I get home. The date stamped on the bottom is 1942 I think.

Well it's been a long time since I posted the above and said I'd post a picture. Since then I found another casingin my cellar that I recovered back in the 70's. I polished them both. The complete casing was a dummy round hence the holes drilled in the walls of the case.

PICT0222.jpgPICT0223.jpgPICT0225.jpgPICT0226.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom