Things You Learned but Never Had to Use (or Had to Use)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

Do you wear/carry one?
Hell, no. Hate them. Pull at mask and made it leak. I was pissed when I had to wear one for night specialty as SDI at that time required the light stick to be taped to your dorkel.

My diving doesn’t require them. Plus a dorkel and long hose doesn’t go together. You don’t wear a snorkel cave diving and they most certainly don’t go with the rebreather I was certified on today.

Hate them.

Don't let hate fill your heart, love is all you need.

Pull at mask and made it leak.
Your Snorkel has arms and hands to pull your mask?

Plus a dorkel and long hose doesn’t go together.

Yes they can, just need to add in touch of love and skill and practice.
the rebreather I was certified on today
Now this is awesome news!! Congratulations!! Can you tell us more about your Rebreather training journey please? All details!

In my DM class or IDC there was a scenario the instructor set up that was pretty fun. They had each of us drop our rigs on the bottom around the edge of the pool and then swim circuits on breathhold. When we got to a rig we took two breaths and moved on. Gradually the instructor removed rigs until there was just one left. You couldn't take too long on your breaths because you knew there were other swimmers coming behind you.

It's not directly applicable to any diving skill but it was a good test of water confidence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom