Things which I wished Ikelite made

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maddog59,

Great comments and if you will be coming to the states for the DEMA (diving industry members) trade show in 3 weeks PM me.....

Maybe well meet for a pint :)

dhaas

(It's dhaas gang, with TWO AAs......)

dhaas,
Sorry about the spelling, got it right this time though!
I may be in the states in the next few weeks for business purposes but I don't know about DEMA yet! Probably won't know till I get there. I'll PM you if I think there's a chance for me to turn up and we'll take it from there.

Maddog59:mooner:

To AussieByron: We also switched to glass in the Modular Flat Port as of August. Though due to the thickness difference between acrylic and glass, we can't do a retrofit of existing flat ports.

Also, buoyancy aids are currently on the drawing board.

To Laurin: The trays for our DSLR housings now feature both a 1/4-20 central tripod mount as well as attachment points for the Pro Video Lite 3 battery pack.

We continue to work on new things every day... We have a pretty large product line and our own "wish lists" which we attempt to whittle down as quickly as we add to them. And while we can't act on every single suggestion, we do listen!

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

My wish list is to get my hands on my new housing ASAP. Am I right to say the new housing will only be shipped earliest nov 1st? :wink: Just placed an order with distributor last Saturday.

I can solve 2 and 1/2 of the items on your wish list.

* Ports to screw into housings instead of two little plastic clips

We manufacture a port lock that will add security to the ikelite bayonet system.
Modular Dome Port Lock

* Relocation of sync cord bulkhead away from the rear of housing

While not able to relocate the strobe connector here is a link too a DYI reorientation of the connector.
Strobe Connector angle change

*View finder extensions. user replaceable and offer magnifaction, 45 degree, 90 degree. Have something like a screw in system like the new modular ports.

We manufacture a adapter that can attach the Inon 45 or 180 viewfinder to the ikelite housing.
INON 45 Viewfinder

*Flood alarm inside housing

We also manufacture a Moisture Detector that fits well in many housings.
Moisture / Water Detector

*LED modeling light separate from strobes which turns off when firing and has a decent battery life

I am working on this.

Thanks And I hope you find something nice from me under your Christmas Tree.

Bill Libecap
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
HTTP://UWCameraStuff.com
Home of the Housing Sentry, the ultimate leak prevention system.

Over a few beers one afternoon myself and a couple of other Ikelite users discussed many things which we wished Ikelite made. It was an interesting discussion and something worth while in posting since there is an Ikelite representative in the forum.

Here are few that I could remember:

* Glass in front of ports (ie glass dome or glass flat port)
* Modeling light attachment screw hole or ball joint on top of housing.
* Ports to screw into housings instead of two little plastic clips
* Larger opening in housing for larger lenses (some lenses are phyically too wide to fit in)
* Relocation of sync cord bulkhead away from the rear of housing
* floation arms for strobes. Especially with DS200
*View finder extensions. user replaceable and offer magnifaction, 45 degree, 90 degree. Have something like a screw in system like the new modular ports.
* Lithium Ion batteries used in strobes
*Upgrade of the DS200 like they did to the DS125/DS160
*Flood alarm inside housing
*Aluminium body for housings
*LED modeling light separate from strobes which turns off when firing and has a decent battery life

It would be interesting what other Ikelite users would also wished Ikelite also made for their setups.

Regards Aussie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom