Things/Accessories you wish you acquired earlier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgttrey:
1. A couple of those blue ikea bags for transporting wet gear in my car. Much less bulky than big totes.
I was turned into the blue ikea bags and started using them. I use one for my drysuit. Much easier not having to fold it it small to fit into the DUI bag. I use another one for all the loose diving gear - masks, lights, computers, etc., at the end of a dive day when I just want to pack it all up quickly and get home.
I am curious about the Ikea bag sizes that folks find most useful. I can see using one of the smaller totes for masks, lights, computers, etc. Do you find that the large (19 gal), open shopping bag works for exposure suits? Or, is the zippered storage bag a better choice?

I am curious about the Ikea bag sizes that folks find most useful. I can see using one of the smaller totes for masks, lights, computers, etc. Do you find that the large (19 gal), open shopping bag works for exposure suits? Or, is the zippered storage bag a better choice?

I just buy the large size. Works fine for me. I have enough bags of a smaller size.

The big ones handle an exposure suit with no problem.

For those that use the large 19 gal Ikea totes I have a couple of questions: @jgttrey @Marie13

1. How long do you find they last before they get small holes or tears and need to be replaced?
2. How water proof do you find them with wet gear inside? Do you still need to put a towel or matt underneath them?

I just bought a few for $1 each. At that price they are worth a try! I'm looking forward to giving them a go on my next trip in a week and a half. Keeping the salt water off of the inside of my car is always a challenge.

Things I wish I had earlier? Does a Sherpa to carry my tanks count?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom