Things/Accessories you wish you acquired earlier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trilobyte cutting tool - very low-profile.
SMB with spool - now diving in the ocean without one would seem dangerous.
Trim pockets and light fins (Deep6 Eddys) because I tend to be foot heavy.
Very rust-resistant knife (my H-1 Spyderco knife; H-1 or titanium (note: titanium-coated cheapie did not work!). Getting up front would've saved watching 2 regular dive knives and a 'titanium-coated' Black Friday sale cheapie rust up.
O-ring kit and scuba tool - come in handy shore diving Bonaire, for replacing bad rental tank o-rings and tightening a hose connection to my regulator 1st stage.

Skills - diligent methodical pre-dive routine for making sure I've got everything and air's on, and before leaving the boat so I don't lose another pair of expensive fins...
Start setting up gear upon boarding; don't want till you're at the dive site expecting a half-hour to get ready.
Spit is fine for defog.

I should add bungee fin straps. Way easier to use than spring straps and certainly cheaper.
This is an older shot of Merry kicking back during a safety stop with her drysuit, Freedom plate, prescription mask, Jetfins with bungees, DSLR, and boat.
Merry on the line_edited-1.jpg

Actually, it is "What is the second happiest day of a boat-owner's life?" - the day he buys a boat.

The happiest day is when he sells it....

(FTR - I have had mine for nearly 30 years...)
If that's the case I hope to only experience the 2nd happiest day.
The thought of not having my boat only gives me anxiety.
If it wasn't for he commute to work we put more hours in the boat than in both cars combined.

I realize that's not he case for everyone. There's plenty of examples of boating misery.

Spring straps - I’m amazed the number of people who still don’t have them. They make your life so much easier.
Yes. After about 12 years of use, one of the rubber coverings of a spring broke and fell off (lost in water). So, I just use the bare spring now.... still works.

p valve is a must as you get older esp men

Thanks to this board and some helpful employees at my LDS, I can't think of anything useful I've labored very long without.

Heated vest and gloves for my dry suit. Great Lakes diving is usually around 40-42F at depth, not having to call a dive because mine fingers are getting too cold and stiff has been wonderful

1. A couple of those blue ikea bags for transporting wet gear in my car. Much less bulky than big totes.

2. A folding cart/dolly for schlepping stuff to pool classes. It's the greatest.

3. A 70 degree elbow for my primary when I'm diving a recreational configuration so the hose can route under my arm.

4. Optical glass cheaters that glue in my mask not those crappy ones that fall off in rinse bins.

1. A couple of those blue ikea bags for transporting wet gear in my car. Much less bulky than big totes.

2. A folding cart/dolly for schlepping stuff to pool classes. It's the greatest.

3. A 70 degree elbow for my primary when I'm diving a recreational configuration so the hose can route under my arm.

4. Optical glass cheaters that glue in my mask not those crappy ones that fall off in rinse bins.

I was turned into the blue ikea bags and started using them. I use one for my drysuit. Much easier not having to fold it it small to fit into the DUI bag. I use another one for all the loose diving gear - masks, lights, computers, etc., at the end of a dive day when I just want to pack it all up quickly and get home.

Digital camera set up, if they were available earlier i wouldn't have 2K plus in Nikonos equipment with a current retail value of squat gathering dust in the basement.

At least I didn't spring for the fancy extra thick laminated dive tables and Padi Wheel

I can give you squat for your Nikonos equipment, that would be the current squat. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom