Thing about a CUDA. 650 v. 850? Any thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO its sorta mind blowing the ranges these things have even with the little 650 battery.

Lets keep things in perspective.

A 650 watthour battery is not a "little battery"

A 24 volt 26 amphour SLA battery, typical of a long Gavin or UV26 provides a 624 watthours, in a ~95 lbs package.

The 650 Nimh pak when paired with the efficient Cuda motor give these scooters a lot of range.

OTOH The 1150 watthour Fury Li-Ion packs provide close to twice this range, and higher speeds too, due to the higher voltage, and in a Fury hull the scooter weighs ~43 lbs vs ~52 for 650.

Tobin

I got to dive a fury two weeks ago. HOLY FU(*&G S(*&)* is that thing more ballzy than my 650. I really want to see what one would do with an AL prop and me in a monky 80...might be able to break the sound barrier.

The Fury FLIES!!! I hear they have a couple AL props they are playing with. Pimp your scooter forum to follow :wink: With an AL prop, I hear the tests are producing over 100lbs of thrust!! That thing is INSANE. One of my friends has two of them and I am drooling just thinking of taking them for a ride again!

Look at the 650, it should be more versatile for you in respect to the weight, travel, and still give you the power and range. Get one of the new props when they come out and get ready for a leaky mask as you will be smiling the whole ride

The Fury FLIES!!! I hear they have a couple AL props they are playing with. Pimp your scooter forum to follow :wink: With an AL prop, I hear the tests are producing over 100lbs of thrust!! That thing is INSANE. One of my friends has two of them and I am drooling just thinking of taking them for a ride again!

Look at the 650, it should be more versatile for you in respect to the weight, travel, and still give you the power and range. Get one of the new props when they come out and get ready for a leaky mask as you will be smiling the whole ride

For sure, as soon as you hit the trigger, right after you get the kick in the butt, you can hear the difference in the motor even at 3 sounds like a jet engine now.

For the size/weight of the package it is totally unbeatable. I can't find an excuse to upgrade from my 650 but I'm open to suggestions:D

Back
Top Bottom