My first scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm one of those types that rather enjoyed the swim to Dead Man's and back, also. Many I've dived with hate it, but they also have an inefficient surface kick getting out there. I tend to lay on my back and slowly frog kick my way there and I can do that all day long without working up my heart or energy noticably -- in fact, I use that very often to relax after getting through the surf. It takes time, lots of it, to get there on the surface (which is how everyone seems to do [you will most likely miss it if you do it underwater]). A scooter would help in this situation to ease the time requirements.

This is the kind of scooter that pulls the diver by a tow-line so, as others have said, you can relocate the scooter out of the way to enjoy your dive until it is again needed.

I think leabre touched on the key to enjoying the swim. Swim on back, take your time, lie horizontally for the swim (I see people trying to swim in a standing position), and enjoy the beautiful views we have here.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom