They found the miners - A sad day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was said that the only thing that could save them was a miracle.

Thank God.

Thank God for miracles

Well, I just watched the news....seems there was a miscommunication - 12 are dead and one in critical condition...the poor families....my heart goes out to them

It is a terrible thing, but my family and my husbands family have lived with coal mining for most of our lives and coal miners live with the knowledge that what they do is very dangerous. Hubby's Grandpa is missing a finger, his dad was run over by a cart - he lived - and my grandpa had several accidents down there. My grandpa always made sure that his family knew what to hope for and what not to hope for, sometimes too much hope can be a bad thing. It is a miracle that one person came out of there, especially after an explosion that most likely ate most of the oxygen that was down there.

I am heart broken for the families that lost so much.

This also pains my heart to imagine the emotional roller coaster ride everyone involved went through. My deepest condolences and prayers go out to the families.

Paula, most of us do have some miners back in the family. My Grandfather was one, and I hear stories form my mom and her sisters. WHat a terrible profession to be in.

My ex's cousin (we are still close) is a mining engineer and an inspector. She hasn't inspected that mine for a couple of years (has a couple of others assigned to her). I talked to her yesterday morning and afternoon, and she didn't think it was good then. She's on vacation, but was called in, then an hour later called off. She was a mess all day yesterday, and knows 3 victims, maybe more. She said they were good people and good miners.

Another sad day in the hills.

West Virginia finally makes the headlines again and it has to cost so much.

Back
Top Bottom