They found the miners - A sad day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar:
I just checked msnbc to read more about the story when I found this out. That is just sad that they were giving hope that 12 were alive when now only one is. I would like to know who is responsible for that SNAFU.

This explains it a little:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10682163/

I would say that someone heard the search team say they found them over a monitor, which is pretty common in these parts, and didn't listen for the alive or dead they just heard they found them and maybe they heard the word alive when the rescuers were talking about the one guy and the word just got around from there. That kind of thing happens a lot. This time it just hurt more.

Definitely a sad day.

should edit the name of this thread. The continuance of the painfully false information isn't needed.

I concur. Consider it done.

the Kraken

Watching the footage....seeing how happy every one was when the first news spread of them being alive....and then how things changed.....terrible...just terrible

I went to bed after hearing the miners had been found safely, and awoke to the news that only one had survived. I felt great joy last night and great sadness for the families and friends this morning.

My grandfathers were both in the coal business, although at the distribution end. My maternal grandfather routinely made trips to and entered the mines for inspections. I remember my Mom telling her impressions of the exteme poverty in that region in those Depression days.

Very sad. My heart goes out.

Someone made a huge mistake in the re-passing of information.

There is a lesson here for all of us about passing second hand information, and how it can impact people.

I will try to remember the damage done here today when I post anything that I was not a direct witness to.

Times when instant communication is not at all an asset to the task at hand. My heart aches for those who had their hope turned to elation then crushed based on false report. :(

May those who perished rest in peace.. condolences to the families as well.

Praying gets you as much as wishing. What is that saying...put wish in one hand and something in the other? Which can you find???

People need to start counting on people....not any symbols or characters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom