These boots were made for froggin'...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear nylon socks which keeps the sand away from my feet. The M4s are specifically designed to keep sand out.
ahhhh, yeah, I had on some nylon socks like you recommended lol but it seems like those just helped trap the sand against my skin lol

I like your solution @SpecialTest sounds like a real solution to me lol

but yeah, I dont think it would be as much of an issue if I had a wetsuit on, but it was a nice day out and didn't need a wetsuit for the snorkeling I was doing :(

was really hoping for something I could wear like around town for the day...and then if I see a nice beach, hop in, snorkel around, or something for a bit...then dry off while walking around looking at stuff after...kind of thing

will have to give them a try as true dive boots though :)

So I made an observation today, while cleaning my boots from this past weekend... The inside is a honeycomb like material... And as we all know, honeycomb is great for trapping things we love, like honey... Unfortunately however, shore diving seems to be full of sand... Which as well also all know, is great at getting trapped in places it doesn't belong... Like honey combs... Long story short, these boots love to hold onto sand, which loves to turn into sand paper against your skin >.<

Alway looking for thinks that make diving better I ordered a pair, I wear size 15 so I don’t have the choices that many do. They lingered in the L.A. area during shipping so didn’t arrive in time for the Curaçao trip.
When I got home I tried them on with 5 mil neoprene socks, the fit fine it seemed, used them in the pool with xxl Jets, great fit! It took a few weeks to get back into the cold water but I was anxious to try these with the drysuit, assuming the easy fir with the 5mm socks would translate rot an easy enough fit over my suit socks, thick wool socks and lavacore socks I was mistaken (next time I’ll try thinner wool) but I did get them on, a little tight but did two long dives and the work well.

a few things to note, they are buoyant, these being a 15 there is more padding because there is more shoe, a 1lb weight was enough to sink one in my pool but it was one or two once’s over neutral.
They do offset an xxl jet with bungee pretty well

FD0E3026-9C49-4C82-8911-625BA0B33552.jpeg
23B9BACA-145A-42B4-8726-506DA267DD6F.jpeg

that can be a consideration in more floaty fins.
My thoughts for these were a good solid sole boot for warm water to use walking over rocks etc. I feel they will work great in that situation once the positive buoyancy is accounted for.

I have used the altama OTBs extensively. They're a great, versatile boot. I used them with the Hollis F1 fins. That combination worked great for me, I have floaty feet. I used them slick usually for combat swimmer things. Speed was great, I almost was swept into a bunch of sea urchins by a current and fought out of it with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom