These boots were made for froggin'...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Notes from Dan...

These will be available in September unless you're a SEAL! So, if you want them quick, go through BUDS and join the SEALs.

The actual name of the boot is M4 for Maritime 4".

Matryx is the name of the web fabric that the laces are on.

Here is their website: www.dxltac.com
Any word on price?

I can't see fin straps EVER popping off of these heels. It's at least a 3/4" protrusion... maybe more.

so I went and tried a pair of the OTBs this weekend for shore snorkeling...because I failed to have my dive gear :( but I seemed to keep getting sand in the shoes and inevitably found it's way to my Achilles where it rubbed it raw...how do you prevent sand from getting into the boots like that? @The Chairman

I just put small pieces of sandpaper on my achilles tendon at all times, so I have become accustomed to the constant rubbing...

More seriously, I have enough length to my wetsuit that the legs just ever so slightly tuck into the tops of my OTB's, which probably alleviates all/any rubbing/sand issues. Probably also helps to dive where there isn't much sand.

Socks may help too.

so I went and tried a pair of the OTBs this weekend for shore snorkeling...because I failed to have my dive gear :( but I seemed to keep getting sand in the shoes and inevitably found it's way to my Achilles where it rubbed it raw...how do you prevent sand from getting into the boots like that? @The Chairman
I wear nylon socks which keeps the sand away from my feet. The M4s are specifically designed to keep sand out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom