These boots are made for walking...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(Putting my two cents in)

Rob, thinking outside of the box, I have seen Mo2vation in his Chuck Taylors in his DS, since you are moving toward your DS, you can start with the chuck taylors and neosocks and segue into dry diving.

BTW, Ken looks slickety cool in his Chucky T's

Tevis

orangelion03:
...up and down our rocky shores...

I'm looking to upgrade my current thin soled wet boots to something a bit more substantial. What do the local rock rats on this board use? Something that will make the walk back up the ramp at Marineland a little easier on my delicate dogs...better support, thicker sole. Local Sport Chalet carries the Mares 5mm boots, but I've seen similar from Pinnacle, Bare, Blue Reef, Harveys, and others.

Muchisimas gracias!

I use these Henderson Hyperstretch in 7mm and love 'em!

http://www.hendersonusa.com/images/products/BOOTS_hyperstretch_nozip.jpg

Hey Robert,
When I got my drysuit I had to get bigger fins so I decided to upgrade to a hardsole boot for diving wet. They're seasoft and I love them. There was no way around upsizing my fins so keep that in mind when it comes to your future boot and or drysuit putchase. When I get home tonight I'll let you know what model and maybe take a pic of my boots, they're awesome!

Ken, great idea about the socks, you got a local spot to pick these up at?

Good luck!

Billy

I realize I forgot to mention in my original post that I'm going over to the dark side, DIR (jeeez dudes, there's nothing in the book about NOT using color!), and will be purchasing new, larger fins.

Thanks for the suggestions folks! Looks like the Seasoft has the most proponents here so now I just have to find a reasonably local dealer.

Cheers!

New socks are THE Secret weapon for diving wet.

1) makes getting into the suit a breeze

2) Keeps yo footies warmer ny a factor too large to measure

3) Enables you to stand on the cold street witout freezing the footies

http://www.h2odyssey.com/Dive Boots.htm

These are the ones I use. I use them when Kayaking, I use them when wet wading for trout, I use them for warm water snorkling, I use them every time I'm not diving dry.

They completely rule.

Ask 'Chica. She's forgotten hers a time or two when we're buggin... and she was chillin without them.

On the SeaSoft thing - these guys are the real deal. In my opinion, they make the most durable, comfortable, finest wet gloves on the planet. I love them. Their mask strap - Love it. Their weights - Love them. Quality organization. I've never seen their boots, but I bet, judged on the other SS stuff I've owned, they're not cheap - but they are very high quality.

---
Ken

Thanks for the link Ken! I assume you use the 3mm? Are they stretchy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom