Thermalution Compact Dive 70m equivalent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elora_c

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I get cold very easily, even though I only dive warm Caribbean waters in the summer. After moving up to a 5mm (and cap) yet still not warm enough, I invested in a Thermalution dive shirt. With that, I'm able to dive in a 2.5 mm suit (with cap) in 82° F water and be comfortable. I found out this past week, that at 85°, I'm ok without turning on the shirt. Unfortunately, one of my batteries (I have 4) died during that trip. If I'm only doing 2 dives a day, I would use one pair for each. But for 4 dives, I would have to ration the batteries over 2 dives per pair. But now, with only 3 batteries, I'm in trouble if I want to do more than 2 dives a day. I've looked all over, but I cannot find any spare batteries. I looked for a power charger with an AC outlet, and while they do sell such things, they are a bit cumbersome to bring on a dive boat to try to recharge during the surface interval.

So... does anyone know of an equivalent to this shirt? I found the Mares Active Heating Vest and thought it looked promising until I saw the "Active Heating Vest is not intended for use under wetsuits." The Santi Heated Vest seems to have the same restriction. Are there any wetsuit heated vests/shirts?

Thanks,
Carole

Back
Top Bottom