Theme for May 24 - 30: Going Vertical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ:
In pursuit of the elusive panilurus interuptus...

I like the way the spots under the eyes look like BIG eyes.

I found a couple more from today's dive.

man, what a dramatic difference

SeaYoda:
I love the sun in the background. I wish our water was that clear.

The photo (manta) was made at the Flower Gardens off the Louisiana/Texas coast. It's a great long weekend live-aboard blue water trip for just a few hundred bucks.

If you are like me, we all take too many shots the "normal" way. So let's see those shots where we take the time to flip the camera to it's awkward position to capture something that just wouldn't work in the horizontal...

One of the big advantages of vertical framing is to get more ambient light near the surface when shooting wide angle in deep water. It gives a nice gradation of blues, which gives a feeling of depth. Here's another vertical from Stetson Bank in the Flower Gardens NMS off the Louisiana/Texas coast. -Clay

515d2bc0.jpg

wow... man... just beautiful

hvulin:
to sea yoda: a simple auto equalize would help a lot with the colors....
Thanks, I just found some editing sofware that came with a video camera I bought awhile back that I can use. Just posted those "naked" shots for composition difference between verticle and horizontle. I have not played with the new software much but it does not look like it has a one touch auto button so I'll learn to be an artist I guess :wink: .

Here is my stab using the new software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom