Theme for May 24 - 30: Going Vertical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure what type of coral this is, so I call it Pipe Coral. This is off Looe Key in the Florida Keys.

pipe.JPG

I'd need a better picture but it looks like some sort of tube sponge to me.

very nice!

louisianadiver:
Here's one that almost got away. I went vertical pretty much to keep from cropping the tail. -Clay

2f4d5bc0.jpg

Truly beautiful...we have lots of mantas around right now, but no where near that water quality...too much food at the moment!

alcina:
SeaYoda - or maybe even this...blues version :wink:
Isn't it amazing what power we have to alter reality. It makes me wonder if I remember what the stuff looked like to the naked eye.

It was a pretty good dive today. Here is the homework assignment that I promised I'd do. Boy, school is hard work but somebody has to do it.

jviehe:
Not sure what type of coral this is, so I call it Pipe Coral. This is off Looe Key in the Florida Keys.
Almost looks like "rebar" coral :eyebrow:. Nice picture.

louisianadiver:
Here's one that almost got away. I went vertical pretty much to keep from cropping the tail. -Clay

I love the sun in the background. I wish our water was that clear.

Good assignment! I definitely like the flounder vertical better. I actually like the coral head vertical, too...if I could go and shoot it again I would get right down in the sand and shoot up so it was in the very lower part of my frame...and then of course I would patiently for the little fish to come to me and pose prettily...LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom