Theme for May 24 - 30: Going Vertical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK...If you are like me, we all take too many shots the "normal" way. So let's see those shots where we take the time to flip the camera to it's awkward position to capture something that just wouldn't work in the horizontal...

Add the horizontal of the same scene if you have it - that way we can all see which suits us better!

Here's a Slender Filefish that Beast took recently. The first is the original and the second is cropped....he hasn't gotten the hang of verticals yet!

aaa.sized.jpg

aag.jpg

I haven't got the horizontal, but here's the vertical:-

tompot4.jpg

chippy:
I haven't got the horizontal, but here's the vertical:-

He's too gorgeous!!

We don't have to post the horizontal...just if you have it I think it is very interesting to see the change in perspective...sometimes it works and others, well, not so much!

Whenever I see something interesting I always try frame the picture both ways to see which I prefer. Then I take a snap.
These pictures are both from different dives. The first I really like even though it isn't perfect - the day was kinda like that descending into the depths (33m wreck not great vis).

Second one is my Dad doing a deco stop. I stayed a bit lower and took a few shots. Got a few like this one which I liked. Find the photos being vertical really gives that feeling of both descent in the first and ascent in the second.

I think the human eye relates better to horizontal since it's our natural field of vision.

Sorry I haven't put any of these online yet so I'll have to make due with attachments.

I like the vertical, but by changing perspective for these shots I found more egg cowries that I might have missed otherwise...there's one tucked under on the left and there are more under another coral in the back...

this one is my cross-over joining this week's & last week's themes! LOL

When I was growing up I played violin. One year I took a Summer class and the teacher told me I have a lazy arm (Elbow against the body instead of up in the air). I guees I still have that lazy arm because I can't find one "GOOD" picture that I feel deserves to be posted here. :11: :11: I guess this round will be with out me....shucks....

I really like what I see posted here! thanks everybody for sharing!

Aloha,
Lisa

very nice, everybody...a lesson indeed

justleesa:
When I was growing up I played violin. One year I took a Summer class and the teacher told me I have a lazy arm (Elbow against the body instead of up in the air). I guees I still have that lazy arm because I can't find one "GOOD" picture that I feel deserves to be posted here. :11: :11: I guess this round will be with out me....shucks....

I really like what I see posted here! thanks everybody for sharing!

Aloha,
Lisa

Oh no, you don't get out of it that easily - nor does anyone else!

Either get out there and shoot (Lees' I know you are diving this week :wink: ) or dig through those files again...maybe you don't have one that worked, but by posting it maybe we can all learn something and come up with ideas for next time?!

Back
Top Bottom