Theme for June 14-20:....and this is the Wreck Room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always manage to dive wrecks when the vis isn't great. Now that I've got the wide angle it should help. Anyway heres one from the HMAS Swan: just going past the crows nest.

The Panther (Bimini, Bahamas)...

panther.JPG

Thanks Luke :D
Hey Aggie! what kind of ship is that?

Tugboat, flipped upside down courtesy of a hurricane. :)

justleesa:
Have you ever found any bottles, or something like that, while on a dive?

Not yet.

Pretty much everything on the Whiskey Wreck has been salvaged/scavenged over the course of the 100+ years its been on the shallow bottom its at now.

There is another shallow water wreck a few miles west of the Whiskey that supposedly has some artifacts still present, however, the sandbar is covering it up entirely at the moment.

There are a few wrecks in Pensacola that have alot to offer in terms of artifacts. I just haven't had the chance to visit them just yet :wink:

Here's one from Grenada last year...the San juan

sanjuan1.jpg

nursesharks9.jpg

And this is one from the Bianca C, a 600ft cruise liner that sank in the 70s. This is looking straight down onto the one of the funnels...with hind sight a slight angle to the shot would have been better.
biancacgorgonianinfunnel.jpg

niiiiiiice :D What kind of shark is that in the pic and do you know any history from the first shot?

Those are Nurse Sharks. Very common in the Caribbean, not aggresive at all...unless you pull their tail or sumpthin'!

like our white tips....One 8 or 9 footer (may be 10 or 12...or maybe even bigger...lol)did scare me a bit last week... one big sukka!

Yeah they are nice and gentle nurse sharks...one swam right by my wife, so she stroked it gently!! The San Juan is a fishing vessel that sank in the 80s I think. Is now the best place to see nurse sharks off Grenada :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom