Theme for June 14-20:....and this is the Wreck Room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And some Great Lakes wrecks

far_view.jpg

dvrs_wheel.jpg

deadeyes_3.jpg

Yeah, it does look cold. Did ya notice the face? At the bottom, towards the middle...looks like a smiley face!

Nice work to all. Hey Dee, do you shoot those in BW or do you do that with software? Again, nice shots, keep it up.

bubble blower:
Nice work to all. Hey Dee, do you shoot those in BW or do you do that with software? Again, nice shots, keep it up.

I shoot in color and then do a greyscale on them with Photoshop. B&W/grayscale is a great way to save photos that just don't cut it. Maybe I forgot to recalibrate the WB and the color's off, or the focus is just a bit soft or the noise is really noticeable. Those things can make a good B&W. Somtimes I even add a little bit of noise to them. (Noise is the same thing as grain in film, just different terminology.)

Dee:
Yeah, it does look cold. Did ya notice the face? At the bottom, towards the middle...looks like a smiley face!

Those smiley faces are called deadeyes - they are part of the sailing ships rigging. Have no idea how the name came about, other than that's what they look like ;-))

And the viz is best when it's cold - the water was around 43F that weekend i believe

I bet there's an interesting story about the name of those things!

I'm enjoying all the pics submitted for this thread. Sorry that I don't have any of my own. All my wreck dives were B.C. (before camera). Hope to join in next week!

Great ambience in many of these shots!

I got chilly looking at the green water ones...this is me, wimp-diver, looking for a dry-suit coz our water is going to drop below 22C later this year! LOL

I don't really have any wreck shots that are of a calibre to post here...I'm with Sea Yoda - see you for next week's theme hopefully!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom