The Xihwu Boeing 737 Artificial Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have any of you dove this new site/dive report--pictures??? Thanks

The day I dove it there was a large charter from Vancouver there and they were not that considerate so there was alot of bumping into each other. The plane sit on an angle with the tail being at about 70 feet and the nose around 85 to 90. They have completely cleaned out the inside so its an easy penetration. You can also get into the cockpit so if the vis is good it makes for a pretty good pic of you sitting in the pilot seat! There is a really cool native carving on the nose of a red urchin as this used to be a red urchin harvesting ground for the Native Canadians in the area.
So all in all, a pretty good dive but 30 minutes is enough. Its a little boring after awhile. It will be interesting to see it in a couple of years.

Reagan

I dove the 737 awhile ago, and although there were a few boats moored there, we only passed a couple other divers. The plane is smaller/shorter than one might think, so if you move too fast you can circumnavigate it in no time. Best to go around it slowly. You can explore underneath (a max depth of about 100 feet), and yes, it's very spacious inside. Although it's more of a novelty dive (now I can say I dove an airplane) I will do it again, and next time I will have a camera for the cockpit shot.

Back
Top Bottom