The Wow of Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
We went on frequent flyer miles and stayed at the West Plaza Molakal, 70 dollars a night!

Isn't Continental the only carrier that flies out there? My mileage account is on United - and I just used up all my miles to book flights to Europe next year, anyway. I guess I'll have to keep dreaming a little bit longer.

catherine96821:
I second Chepar's advice about Breeze dive club. I love it...I think people do not broadcast it too much because it is so great and never crowded and Johnny Pang knows his ocean out there! Wildcard, give it a try or you guys go as my guest sometime!

It's those dives on the 6-pack that have really spoiled me - they are so awesome! The dives on the bigger boat aren't even that crowded, either. But what really makes it for me are the people - just a really friendly bunch of people that are laid back and like to dive.

Wow!!! There are so many places to go and so little time (vacation)!

Is there shore diving in Palau or is it just boat diving. I've been trying to narrow the list for my winter 06 dive trip. Darn, I've got to add Palau!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Orange County! I am from San Clemente, Camino de Estella. You would boat dive and they are mostly all drifts.

Chepar, yes Continental "Air Mike" (Micronesia) has a deathgrip on the fares. I use that Green Am Ex Costco pushes and you can use the mileage on most airlines. Somebody told me going through Manila on a Phillipine line is less expensive. The Breeze Dive Club doesn't seem to have any problem children! Jim just reminded me that "MDA" Micronesia Dive Association in Guam has the great packages. Cindy is the lady's name. I would love to go to Papau New Guinea as soon as I learn to spell it.

Wow is right! I sooo wanna go there! I hear the currents are wild and horrible. Is that true?
Scuba Sue

this is actually jamesbeal (from the original post) on catherine's account. i would consider myself a very new diver, a bit of an air hog and not the best on my bouyancy control. but diving in palau gave me experience far beyond my number of dives. the currents are pretty swift, but nothing that you can't handle. just listen to the dive guide, listen to others who have more experience than you (in my case my girlfriend, catherine) and relax and enjoy the show. tons of sharks (white tip and grey) and just about everything particular to this area of the pacific. practice sharing air, bouyancy control and the basic skills from your first openwater class in every opportunity. and get someone to explain about downdrafts, reef hooks and the etiquette of each. get off of scubaboard and onto expedia and book your flight. cya there.

Hey Catherine,
Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are awesome. Glad you had a good time in Palua. Vince is home now- we'll have to go dive sometime soon.

Melissa

We took a slip at ko-ko marina and are looking for a boat. It would be so fun to all go out together! The boat might take a few months but we think Ko-ko marina is filling up and don't want to risk being "slip-less". Wanna come down and order Pizza? Kidding,...sort of. Our joke is that we will just hang out at the slip. Tell Vince hi for me!
Why don't you guys call me and we can go on a Breeze Club dive. Best dive club going...I better shush about it or I won't be able to get a seat. We go to the best sites! NOT crowded and never hurried. Nobody bossing anybody around. Really fun and no body ego-tripping. Dan, the guy who runs it does it for the love of diving and I find the people so positive. People actually encourage each other, if you can imagine that.

I am planning a trip to Palau in the first quarter of 2006. I would be great if you can provide more details on your Palau trip such as which dive operator, dive site and accommodation.

I just got back from a month in Palau, Truk and Yap. Palau was the best. We spent 12 days on a private live aboard and 3 on land. PM me if you would like info.
Dennis

Back
Top Bottom